Through someone else's lens

These images have made few rounds by email and most of us must have viewed them. But I thought these are a few frames that gives us an idea how THEY viewed us. If I can use the phrase looking through their lens... I feel we Indians (natives) were quite under nourished 100 years back.

These image bear the copyright of "Underwood & Underwood ". But according to wikipedia "The company ceased business in the 1940s." I could not ask for permission for using the photographs.

I would say these can be described thus .... "Some images to Remember and some to Forget"

























Comments

  1. Very interesting photos. And the cattle seems to be as 'undernourished' as the people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures, a bit of a strain to read the lines below but still can be done. The western world has always either showcased our poverty or our sadhus. These were much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures but as you mentioned, has been doing the rounds of the virtual world for quite some time. I guess beauty lies in the eyes of the believer; and these pictures are beautiful as they are haunting.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sucharita,
    I tend to believe that the visual health of average Indian has changed and it has changed for good. The same is probably true for our domestic animals.
    @Sujata,
    I do agree with you. But mind you at that time India was being ruled by the English People. So those were the days when they hid the poverty and hunger!
    @Pratik,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maa Tripureswari

A Time pass post

Who Kills Our Creativity?